Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Angels

Facing highs and lows of life is the part which makes us human and being able to handle these situations and is what separates men from boys :)

No wonder that each and every one of us has passed through such situations, some of which we handled some of which we failed.
In all such situations, there is always an angel that helps us through. Be it a friend, family member, a team member or in some cases a total stranger. Most of the times we tend to forget that it is the "angels help" that acted like a shield protecting our candle of hope from all the external effects.

As the time passes the success/failure is what is remembered and we tend to forget everything else. This is a small recollection of how my angel was there for me in some of those situations.

Almost an year back there was a mail in our company asking for instrumentalists/musicians to gather for a new band in the office. Though i have played (tried to play) guitar for a long time i was hesitant to go. Was expecting a lot of people to turn up. One more reason being i was too shy to go there. So i did not respond to the mail. A few days after this mail incident, we have heard the band practicing in the cafeteria and was interested to go there. but still hesitation on my mind. then my Angel spoke "Lets go". He took me to the practice area which also was our Dorm. I was sitting there watching people play, looking at the Electric guitars lying around. I wasn't very used to looking at or playing electric guitars in Live at that time ;)

After they have finished playing a song, my angel came out again "Go and play", and there i was a bit shy, scared, with butterflies in my stomach took the guitar from some person and started playing "Hotel California". i was kind of okie with the playing. I was officially in to the group.

The practice sessions started, and being a shy person was not able to attend the practice sessions alone, so again a call for my angel and there he was, accompanying me to the practice sessions. Always encouraging me though i was pretty bad at playing.
When ever he says you are good i know in my mind that im playing it the worst, but his encouragement is what landed me on to the stage, my first full blown performance on the stage. (Previous encounters in another post)

Similar was the case with the second stage performance too, and without his help i wouldn't have made it on to the stage, and called my self a band member ;o)

There were a lot of situations where he was always with me. I will not be able to recollect all of them. But here is the most recent one.

This one is regarding the Sunfeast 10k Marathon. Me and my friend were going to gym since a few months, working out together and trying to stick to the plan :) I'm kind of a weak person, physically though with not much of physical activities. and one day he said there is a 10k run in Bangalore register maadi. And i went in to a thinking stance, can i make it, will i be able to run... and was also thinking on the after effects of the run.

While i was in my 12th i had a jogging adventure, went out with a friend of mine (a physically fit guy) he mad me run like anything and after a while all i know was the earth revolving around, feeling like throwing out etc etc. This is the misadventure that kept me away from running.

So this guy made me thinking should i go or not, I was hesitating also as i was worried that i will slow my friend down in the race. Finally after all the hesitation, registered for the run. I practiced with him for a couple of days and we both successfully made through the 10k marathon.

This is a small thank you for my friend Vamsi aka Krish, thanks for always being there for me. And may god give you the best in what ever you do.

5 comments:

Kumar Basavaraju said...

Congrats on your 10K Run, wish you to add more running (S)miles. Me too ran the 5.7K Majja Run for the first time and was happy to do it with a small group of people aging from 13 to 52 under the banner of RUNWALKINDIA, you can visit the website www.runwalkindia.com to see group the activities.
Yes it is necessary to get into planned running pattern to enjoy running and sure you will find something that will help you accomplish more when you reach the link.

Kumar Basavaraju said...

Hey Srikanth, After Iposting the prev comments i just read thr' ur blog and eas enthused to write this comments, for I wanted to add that I met a running enthusiast from Andhra and when we two were just getting to know each other. Let me add both of were in special costumes wherein the guy was in Andhra attire and I had done up as KempeGowda the Founder of Bangalore(Bengaluru). I just wanted u to know that the guy had come all along from Hyd'bad to run at this RUN(as I understood from his talk). I have special memories of Hyderabad too for I lived for about 6 years there before I came back to Garden City.

Vee said...

So u made me an Angel with this post. Firstly I shud thank you for being beside me through out this tough phase of 2 yrs here. Had u not been here, I wud have suffered much more mentally with all the memories I had coz of the man.
And secondly, you had the talent in you. You play guitar very great and there is no doubt in that. Any one would do the same and encourage you with all your great interest for music. And this 10K thing, you can definitely do a 42 km run also. Why cant we do when 60 yr old ppl participate in such in events... :)

Nishant said...

congrats for ur 10K run.... and not only for completing the race.... but doing something you planned for and ended up successfully achieving it...I think thats what the ultimate satisfaction is :)

Bhuvana said...

Hi Srikanth, came here thru ur comment on my blog.. a very very nice blog:)yeah everyone r guarded with angels to help us out.. at times u may not find one.. but thn ur determination to overcome urself(fear) and achieve will act as ur angel.. ur Angel frend has ignited the flame n nw u can carry on the torch.. keep playing guitar for u r gifted with the talent(I still remember ur guitar performance with the band), keep running nd keep doing all u wish to do...